September 2021 – June 2022
The ‘Growth in Prayer and Reflective Living’ course will be offered again by Drumalis via Zoom from September 2021 – June 2022.
The popular course, which is now enrolling for its third intake, takes place over 21 Monday evening sessions and will commence on 20th September from 7:00 pm – 9:30 pm.
A one-year programme (21 x 2½ hour sessions) for those who want a closer relationship with God; who struggle with prayer; who want to make choices that are in tune with God’s dream for the world. No expertise in prayer or reflection is required. All are welcome.
So come along, whether you have a specific reason for doing the course or simply want space to explore and reflect on your life in relationship to God, self and others.
The course aims to provide participants with prayer resources and reflection skills that will help them:
- Deepen their relationship with God
- Become more aware of the sense and direction of their lives
- Make choices that reflect their self-identity within an understanding of God’s hopes for the world
- Develop a spirituality that shapes their response to life.
Towards this end, and within the framework of the Christian liturgical year, the course provides opportunities to:
- Reflect on your understanding of God and self
- Become aware of the many ways in which God communicates with us
- Become familiar with different methods of prayer as tools for engaging in conversation with God
- Explore some spiritualties as responses to God’s communication
- Develop skills for reflective living
- Explore the relationship between prayer and engagement with the world
- Develop a personal spirituality that integrates prayer and life and helps shape your response to the latter.
What Follows the Course?
The course is complete in itself. However, it is also a foundation for future possibilities, such as:
Individual spiritual accompaniment
Retreats of various kinds, including the full Spiritual Exercises of St Ignatius
Method: The method is reflective and experience-based. Sessions include team input, guided experiences of prayer, time for quiet personal prayer, and opportunities for listening and sharing.
Times and Attendance: The course will run on Monday evenings from 7pm to 9.30 pm. The dates are:
- Monday 20th September 2021
- Monday 4th October 2021
- Monday 18th October 2021
- Monday 8th November 2021
- Monday 22nd November 2021
- Monday 6th December 2021
- Monday 13th December 2021
- Monday 10th January 2022
- Monday 24th January 2022
- Monday 7th February 2022
- Monday 21st February 2022
- Monday 7th March 2022
- Monday 21st March 2022
- Monday 4th April 2022
- Monday 25th April 2022
- Monday 9th May 2022
- Monday 16th May 2022
- Monday 30th May 2022
- Monday 6th June 2022
- Monday 20th June 2022
- Monday 27th June 2022
- The offering for the course, which is subsidised by the Friends of Drumalis, is £225.
- To confirm your acceptance of a place on the course, please forward a deposit of £50 by September 10.
- Balances should be cleared by 16 May 2022.
- It may be possible to access some help with fees by applying to the Society of Retreat Conductors – https://thesrc.org.uk/
Closing date for applications is 19th August 2021. Late applications are not accepted.