3 Sixteen Coffee Shop has been a feature on Main Street, Portglenone for several years. The venture, now into its 7th year, is run by First Portglenone Presbyterian Church and is staffed by volunteers from the church.
The comfortable and welcoming surroundings of the coffee shop make this an ideal place to relax and unwind. It’s open on Tuesday evenings from 6pm – 9pm & Wednesday and Thursday from 10am – 2pm. It serves a range of homemade cakes, traybakes, apple pies and other tasty treats made by bakers from the church. There’s also homemade wheaten, ideal to eat with the 2 weekly soup choices. Freshly made sandwiches and more are also available. The coffee shop also caters for those needing gluten free products.
As well as being a very successful coffee shop, the premises are used on a regular basis for church and community events. It has been the base for everything from –
- Fundraising events to help support mission trips, etc
- Prayer days
- The monthly meeting of LESS ONE Ladies Fellowship Group
- It’s open every Sunday morning before the morning service in the church for coffee, tea and a snack (ideal for parents bringing children to Sunday School)
- WST – We Slim Together will meet in it from 6pm – 7:30pm on Thursdays from May 2019
- An over 60’s group use the premises for their monthly meetings on Saturday mornings, 10am – 12 noon, from September to March.
- It’s open from 9pm – 11pm on Saturday evenings for prayer. Everyone is encouraged to join them for this weekly time of prayer. Why not join them to pray for the community of Portglenone, the churches, the schools, those who are going through a hard time just now – there’s lots to pray for! Maybe you would like prayer for yourself or someone you know? They will be delighted to pray for you.
- Streetreach – 3 Sixteen opens for Streetreach on Saturday nights from 11pm. The door will be open and the lights on into the wee small hours as they welcome people in for a cup of tea or coffee and a chat in a safe and friendly Christian environment. The trained volunteers will happily sit and talk, discuss life situations and point people to what the Bible has to say about the Christian life and how God can transform lives. Prayer is also offered to everyone who comes through the door. As well as having 3 Sixteen open on Saturday nights, the Streetreach team will quite often walk down the Main Street talking and praying for those who stop with them. At various events throughout the year, such as the Big Splash Festival and Gig ‘n the Bann, the Streetreach team’s outreach trailer can be seen on the Main Street. Here they serve tea, coffee and snacks and will gladly share the Christian message with those who want to find out more about it.
Please pray for 3 Sixteen Coffee Shop and Outreach Centre, Main Street, Portglenone
The volunteers at 3 Sixteen and First Portglenone church would appreciate your prayers for all that takes place at 3 Sixteen. Pray that God would continue to bless all the outreach that goes on there and also that the people of Portglenone would be receptive to the message of the Gospel.
3 Sixteen is situated directly opposite First Presbyterian Church at the top of Main Street, Portglenone. You can find it on Facebook here.