Radio Cracker Cheque Presentation Night
Montgomerys Restaurant, Ballymena was the venue for the recent Radio Cracker Cheque Presentation Night.
Radio Cracker say,
“A fantastic total of £64,200 was raised last year. For this we thank each and every one who donated, sponsored shows, advertised, bought goods from our shop or supported any of our fundraising events throughout the year. Without the generosity of the people of Ballymena, there would be no Radio Cracker!!”
Chairman Neil Jordan said,
“Of all the regular events that Radio Cracker run throughout the year, the Cheque Presentation Night has to be my favourite. It is so inspiring to hear directly from the charities how the money will be spent and the difference it will make throughout the world.”
Cheques were presented to the following charities at the Radio Cracker Cheque Presentation Night.
- £10,000 for Second Sight which will be used to cure approximately 900 people of cataract blindness in Bihar State in India.
- £8,000 for Kids4School to extend their Vocational Training Unit in Tanzania.
- £8,000 for E3 Initiative to complete a health clinic in Malawi for Under 5s.
- £10,000 for Mission Africa to build a dormitory for old men in Kenya and a further £500 for the supply of mosquito nets.
- £10,250 for Tearfund to run a programme to combat Sexual Gender-based Violence in CAR.
- £10,000 for EMMS International which was doubled by the government’s UK Aid Match to supply a palliative care ambulance in Malawi.
- £6,000 for BREAD for Kenya to supply 40 rainwater tanks for the people of Tharaka in Kenya.
- £1,500 for Bushfire Ministries to supply solar water pumps and piping in Zambia.
The Radio Cracker AGM was also held that night when Gordon Dawson announced his resignation from the board and committee. Gordon had served on committee for most of Radio Cracker’s 25 plus years and was Chairman for the last 5 of those. Radio Cracker would like to acknowledge Gordon for the hard work and dedication that he put in each and every year. We know he will be missed.
Although, it might seem a long way to Christmas, Radio Cracker’s fundraising is about to start for another year with our New and Nearly-New sale. This will be held in the Tower Centre from Monday 26th February – Saturday 17th March 2018.
Find Radio Cracker Ballymena on Facebook here.