Hope Café at West Church Ballymena
Hope Café at West Church Ballymena begins a new series of informal worship meetings starting on Sunday 26th February 2017. This series called ‘Made In The Image Of God’ will run for 7 consecutive Sundays, from 5:00 – 6:00pm each evening.
Each meeting will include time for coffee, buns, conversation, worship and Bible teaching. Various speakers will cover a different topic each week – see the programme below.
- Sunday 26th February – All are equal, but some are more equal than others! – We will seek to examine the Biblical basis for human equality with specific reference to the question “Is God anti-gay?” – Rev Daniel Kane, West Church
- Sunday 5th March – What’s So Special About Marriage? – Looking at the special place the Bible gives to life-long, monogamous, hetrosexual marriage as a picture of Christ’s special covenant love for the church. – Rev Ben Walker
- Sunday 12th March – What does the family look like? – We will look at family as being the very heart of God’s design for living, and yet today it is under more pressure than ever before so how can we strengthen family life and the structures that support it. – Dr Graeme Thompson, Youth Development Officer PCI
- Sunday 19th March – The Gift Of Friendship – How do we build and maintain healthy and committed friendships as part of God’s gracious design for our lives? – Rev Daniel Kane, West Church
- Sunday 26th March – 100,000 Lives Saved – We will look at a Christian response to the proposed changes to NI’s abortion laws – Dawn McAvoy, Evangelical Alliance NI
- Sunday 2nd April – Gender Issues – Where Is The Law Taking Us? – Exploring implications for education, employment and churches – Peter Lynas, Evangelical Alliance NI
- Sunday 9th April – The Transgender Revolution – Looking at a Christian response to those who feel that they are not assigned male or female at birth, but rather that their sex is a matter of personal choice and not part of God’s good design as a biologically given for life – Rev Darren McCorriston, Ballyloughan Presbyterian Church
West Church minister, Rev Daniel Kane, told the Church Page more about the reason for having this series at Hope Cafe. “According to a recent major report the majority of churches are missing the opportunity to speak to young people and young adults about key moral issues. Issues which impact every one of our lives more and more on a daily basis. We in West Church have decided to confront some of these difficult issues head on. We’re going to look at what the Bible has to say. How its teaching directs us in our life-style choices and the pastoral care and support we offer in Jesus’ Name. We would encourage everyone in the community to attend,” he said.
Hope Café at West Church Ballymena is the venue for a new series of informal meetings. Entitled Made In The Image Of God, they start on Sunday 26th February 2017 from 5:00 – 6:00pm. They will continue for a total of 7 consecutive Sundays.
Everyone is very welcome to come to any or all of these gatherings. They will take place in the informal surroundings of the social area of the new hall at West Church. There will be a creche facility for children and a separate programme for Primary School children.