High Kirk Community Preschool Ballymena seek Preschool Assistant
A vacancy has arisen at High Kirk Community Preschool Ballymena for a Preschool Assistant, starting September 2023.
The successful candidate for this permanent 23.5 per week post will be required to meet the following criteria.
• QCF Level 3 in Childcare, or equivalent in Child Care Learning and Development, or equivalent Early Years qualification.
• Two year’s continuous experience with Preschool / Foundation children in a paid capacity.
• Knowledge and experience of the Preschool / Foundation curriculum.
• Ability to identify concerns relating to the children and refer to the Preschool Leader.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to relate well to children and their parents/guardians.
• Willingness to attend training and meetings outside normal working hours.
• An understanding of child development and the importance of meeting the needs of the individual child.
• Essential skills and a good working knowledge of ICT
• Be in sympathy with the beliefs and practices of the Presbyterian Church in Ireland.
• Experience of working with children who have English as an additional language.
• Experience of working with SEN children.
• Music skills.
• First Aid skills.
A spokesperson for High Kirk Community Preschool said: “High Kirk Community Preschool, an integral part of High Kirk Presbyterian Church, is committed to delivering excellent outcomes for children by providing a quality learning environment for the preschool child. We pride ourselves on running a setting where children are happy, safe, and able to reach their potential. The inclusive, caring ethos in which each child is valued builds the children’s confidence and contributes to their well-being and positive attitudes towards learning. Our staff team is the most important resource we have, and we want staff who are child centred and are willing to go the extra mile to ensure our children fulfil their potential.”
The successful applicant will be paid: £10.42 per hour.
For a job description and application form please click the following link – https://www.highkirkpreschool.co.uk/preschool-assistant-vacancy/ or contact:
High Kirk Church Office, 65-71 Thomas Street, Ballymena, BT43 6AZ. You can also Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Friday 19th May 2023 at 12.00 Noon.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 1st June 2023.
HIGH KIRK COMMUNITY PRESCHOOL BALLYMENA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER