Wellington Presbyterian Church in Ballymena are currently inviting applications for a one-year internship beginning September 2021.
This non-salaried position is open to a young person aged 18-25 who is willing to commit to working as part of the staff team there for 25 hours per week with evening and weekend work included.
Explaining more about the position, Wellington’s Youth and Community Worker, Peter McClelland, told the Church Page:
“We’re looking for someone who has a heart for Jesus and a passion to serve the church.
“Like many churches, we are in the process of planning for life post Covid. This is a huge task, yet it is exciting to see what direction God will take us as a church. There is an element of the unknown as to what September will look like, but we are looking forward to the journey. As a church intern you will have the opportunity to play a role within that journey and help our leadership as they seek to re-establish church activities.”
OVER THE YEAR YOU CAN HOPE TO:
• Be encouraged to grow in your own personal walk with God.
• Have the opportunity to pour into various organisations, with the main area of focus being children’s ministry.
• Develop your leadership skills through hands on experience and training opportunities.
• Develop new ideas and opportunities,
• Attend outside training and conference days.
• Have the opportunity to link up with Interns from other churches and organisations.
• Work closely with our ministry team.
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU
As a church intern there are number of things we would expect of you. You should be:
• Willing to attend Wellington as your church for the year.
• Devoted to fulfilling your hours each week.
• Determined to learn and develop as a leader.
• Committed to working within the Christian ethos of our church.
• Able to work as part of a team.
• Attend weekly Ministry Team meetings.
• Willing to get involved in our kids ministry activities both in the church and the community.
• Accountable to our Kirk Session & line managed by our Youth & Community Worker
• This internship will be maximum 25 hours a week which will run for 12 months.
• Duties involved in this role will include weekend/evening work.
• This is a non-salary role, however there is also no cost for you.
• You are recommended to have a job outside of the internship, however only if it does not interfere with your ability to be committed to your 25 hours a week.
• The church will reimburse you for any expenses incurred while undertaking your duties which will include milage.
• Having your own transport will be important for the role.
• We can assist you in finding accommodation if required.
If you are interested in being an intern at Wellington Presbyterian Church, please SUBMIT YOUR FORM BY 12PM on Thursday 24th June.
Interviews for short listed candidates will be on Thursday 1st July.
To apply, go to: www.wellingtonpc.co.uk/intern