Radio Cracker Ballymena were delighted to announce that the total raised in 2019 was an incredible £51,000, in spite of what was a difficult year for many in the Ballymena area. This money will be used to make life better for so many people in disadvantaged areas throughout the developing world.
A Year of Change for Radio Cracker Ballymena
2019 was also a year of several changes for the charity radio station as their long term ‘home’ in Montgomerys on Broughshane Street was no longer available to them. The studio this year was in the Tower Centre. The Radio Cracker shop location had also moved to a unit at the bottom of Greenvale Street. The annual Carol Service was hosted and broadcast live on-air from High Kirk Church, Ballymena but as always the public and businesses got behind the charity and realised this fantastic sum.
Speaking at the closing ceremony in the Tower Centre on Christmas Eve, Radio Cracker chairman Neil Jordan, thanked and paid tribute to the Montgomery family who had provided an excellent base for the studio and other events over many years. He also thanked the Tower Centre for being excellent hosts for the recent broadcast. Neil also thanked the many businesses who bought advertising or sponsored shows during the 2019 broadcast and also to the public for their generosity in making donations, buying items in the shop or attending events. Finally he thanked all the volunteers who made Radio Cracker happen for another year!
This year the money raised will help support the following –
- Second Sight: for around 500 eye operations in Bihar State, India
- Kids4school: supply 125 filter buckets in Tanzania
- E3 Initiative: to build children’s healing, support and recreation centre in South Africa
- EMMS Intl: build borehole, pump and speedboat ambulance slipway in Malawi
- Bread for Kenya: 30 rainwater collecting tanks for the Tharaka Kenya
- Care for Cambodia: to start a recycling centre in Cambodia
- Lifeline Ministries: to build a new classroom in Kenya
- Fields of Life: to build a borehold in Uganda
- Mulyata: to build a hygiene station in Zambia